Liddle, H. A. (2002)
Author Contact Information:
Dr. Howard Liddle
Click here to download for free.
Multidimensional Family Therapy for Adolescent Cannabis Users, (DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3660, Cannabis Youth Treatment (CYT) Series, Volume 5). Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), Rockville, MD.
- Integrates family therapy and primary substance abuse treatment.
- Is predicated on family-focused, developmentally based treatment.
- Provides treatment in 15 sessions over 12 weeks.
- Uses case management techniques.
- Assesses four factors: (1) the adolescent, (2) the parents, (3) the family’s pattern of interacting, and the teen’s and parents’ interaction with other systems, such as schools, juvenile justice, and peer and social support networks.
- Bases treatment on in-depth and multi-system assessments.
- Individualizes treatment for each teen and his or her family.
You can obtain free copies of this manual by contacting SAMHSA’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI):
- Telephone: 800.729.6686
- 800.487.4889 TDD (hearing impaired)
Ask for DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 02-3660