Chestnut Family Health Center provides quality health care to people who live at or below 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines in McLean and Madison counties in Illinois.
Our Approach to Care
Chestnut Family Health Center is a patient-centered medical home. That means we provide health care that is
- Based on Relationships. We partner with patients. We recognize and respect their unique needs. We support patients as they learn to manage and organize their own care at the level they choose.
- Comprehensive. We are able to meet the large majority of each patient’s physical and mental health care needs. That includes prevention and wellness, caring for serious illnesses, and caring for ongoing illnesses.
- Coordinated. We help with transitions among different types of care (the health center, hospitals, home health care, and community services and supports). We excel at building clear and open communication among patients and families, the health center, and members of the care team.
- Accessible. We offer shorter waiting times for urgent needs as well as around-the-clock telephone access to members of the care team.
- Safe and high quality. We offer treatment that is based on science. We involve patients and their families in the care planning process. We measure how well we are doing and are constantly looking to improve.