Patients and qualified members of the public can get the COVID vaccine at Chestnut Family Health Center. We follow government guidelines and offer the vaccine to those who are eligible. Our Bloomington, IL Health Center is vaccinating residents of McLean County. Our Granite City, IL Health Center is vaccinating residents of Madison County, IL. Click here to learn if you are eligible.
If you qualify and would like to make a vaccination appointment at Chestnut, follow these steps:
1. Print and complete the Inactive Vaccine Consent and Administration Record Form
2. Read the vaccine fact sheets
3. Book your vaccine appointment
Book Your Appointment
Free COVID-19 Testing
Testing available regardless of whether you are having symptoms
Chestnut Family Health Center (for any McLean County resident)
702 W. Chestnut St.
Bloomington, IL 61701
Mondays 1:00-4:00 p.m.; Fridays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Call 309.557.1412 to schedule an appointment (walk-up or drive-up)
Chestnut Family Health Center
50 Northgate Industrial Dr.
Granite City, IL 62040
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Call 618.512.1919 to schedule an appointment (walk-up or drive-up)
Test results typically available within 48-72 hours.
Click here to download the flyer.
Safe With Chestnut
Chestnut Health Systems™ is committed to protecting the health of its clients, patients, visitors, and staff. We are taking extra precautions amid the COVID-19 pandemic, including the following:
- Telephone and video visits for patients and clients who prefer them;
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of all living spaces, offices, group rooms, and reception areas;
- Daily temperature monitoring and other symptom monitoring by staff;
- COVID-19 screening of all staff and patients who enter our buildings; and
- Mandatory personal protective equipment and social distancing for staff, clients, visitors, and vendors.
From the beginning, Chestnut has followed guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We monitor daily updates from federal, state, and local health experts and adjust our processes as necessary. In addition, all of our staff have undergone special training that includes:
- An overview of coronavirus, symptoms of COVID-19, transmission, and preventing the spread;
- Five-step handwashing process;
- Respiratory hygiene practices to reduce the spread;
- Guidelines for face coverings, hand washing, food handling, cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting;
- Physical and operational changes to maintain social distancing; and
- Precautions and hygiene recommendations for workers regarding surface contacts.
COVID-19 has presented many challenges for all of us. But as we have for more than four decades, Chestnut continues to offer a safe, nurturing, and friendly environment and looks forward to serving you.