Chestnut Health Systems™ is committed to protecting the health of its clients, patients, visitors, and staff. We are taking extra precautions amid the COVID-19 pandemic, including the following:
- Telephone and video visits for patients and clients who prefer them;
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of all living spaces, offices, group rooms, and reception areas;
- Daily temperature monitoring and other symptom monitoring by staff;
- COVID-19 screening of all staff and patients who enter our buildings; and
- Mandatory personal protective equipment and social distancing for staff, clients, visitors, and vendors.
From the beginning, Chestnut has followed guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We monitor daily updates from federal, state, and local health experts and adjust our processes as necessary. In addition, all of our staff have undergone special training that includes:
- An overview of coronavirus, symptoms of COVID-19, transmission, and preventing the spread;
- Five-step handwashing process;
- Respiratory hygiene practices to reduce the spread;
- Guidelines for face coverings, hand washing, food handling, cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting;
- Physical and operational changes to maintain social distancing; and
- Precautions and hygiene recommendations for workers regarding surface contacts.
COVID-19 has presented many challenges for all of us. But as we have for more than four decades, Chestnut continues to offer a safe, nurturing, and friendly environment and looks forward to serving you.